Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Just because...

It occurs to me that I haven't posted the information on how to contribute to The M.A.R.S. Project in quite a long time and the original information is now buried under thousands of pixels of artwork. So, if you want to get in on the action, here's what you have to do:

Send your artwork: paintings, collages, ATCs (artist trading cards), digital photography, regular photography, postcards, stickers, stamps, decorative electrical plates, or anything else to---

The M.A.R.S. Project
c/o Rick Yates
2808 Florida Street
Longview, WA 98632
USA

There are no theme restrictions or forbidden styles or subjects (although space-martian-alien themes are appreciated.) The prefered size is 8.5 inches x 11 inches (about 21.5 cm x 28 cm) or smaller so that I can fit the pieces into sheet covers to protect them from the weather when I take the show on the road. (Also, anything bigger than this is tough to fit on my scanner, but don't let my scanning limitations interupt your creativity. If the Gods are telling you to paint something three meters long and five high for The M.A.R.S. Project then you better do what they say!!!) The Project is an ongoing phenomenon and will continue to post ALL contributions here online and show them as part of the traveling exhibition!

That's the whole pitch. I've had some fantastic contributions so far and everyone who has seen the archive has been impressed by both the multinational participation and the variety of styles of the works themselves.

Thanks again to all the contributors!!! Keep sending!!!

Rick

2 Comments:

Blogger Brave Raideen said...

Marketing posts are a plague... I've deleted a couple of the really long ones. The others I have left here either because I thought they were so silly or amazing that they deserved to stay. A line like, "It's really full of informations!" is so brilliant I had to keep it!!!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

The "word verification" option seems to keep them out but yet another hurdle for the serious blogger to jump over ofcourse. I have it on my blogs now as I used to get a few annoying spam messages too. Nice blog by the way. I will try and send you something though have cut down my mail art sendings thse last few years. I'm still hooked though and blogs like this make it harder for me to give it up completely!

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home