Monday, July 18, 2005

The Independence Day Exhibit...

As promised I have finally uploaded some photos from the first ever M.A.R.S. Project outdoor exhibition which took place in Longview, WA. People come from miles around to see the fireworks display at Lake Sacajawea on the Fourth every year, and because I only live one block from the lake I took advantage of the heavy foot (and car) traffic and set up the display right in my front yard.

We had a large banner that could be read from passing cars, handouts with information on The M.A.R.S. Project and on Mail-Art in general, and little MARS cards with the website address on it, and we spread the love around both here at our display and by taking some of the materials up to the lake and handing them out there.

All in all I would say the event was a success. Everyone involved had fun and the artwork had a large viewing audience (AND even though I had relatives running all over the place and blowing up fireworks, nobody got hurt!!! Hurray!!!)

The next exhibition will be in Coos Bay, Oregon the last weekend of July. I'll post more specific times and the exact address before the event! Thanks all!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home